Sunday, December 15, 2013

To Be the Better Me

Looking back over this past year... 

I remember the bully that called me 'that' name, the others who pointed hoping to shame, the pain from disease that kept me from sleep, the things that I lost which I wanted to keep, the loved ones who passed without saying goodbye, the promises broken by both others and I, unwritten stories, unread books on the shelf, disappointed with others, disappointed with self...

On and on I could list the regrets that ring true, but it's only fair to include the other things too. The love from my family, support from my friends, new opportunities, dreams that began, wisdom I found through my journey with pain, and the me I once lost somehow showed up again. Now today as you near the close of this year, focus on what brought you joy and not just the tears. Everything works together, for a much bigger plan. In the end we can see it was all in God's hands. 

Follow with dilligence what you're meant to do. Ask, seek, and knock til you find the best you. ~JDL



Never Never Never Quit! ~Winston Churchill




It makes one a better person to have had hardships and to have overcome hardships and not to blame anybody else for your mistakes. ~Maureen Forrester


No comments:

Post a Comment